TEACHING & COACHING
I believe that you are as musically talented as you are fascinated and excited by music and that my job as a music teacher is to help you learn and practise effectively at your own pace, without pressure, removing any blocks that you may encounter along the way. To do this, l provide the following 7 things:
- A carefully designed method or learning model with clear goals for you to follow
- A lucid explanatory teaching style with plenty of practical demonstration
- Carefully designed learning materials
- Rigorous and encouraging coaching to help you practise effectively
- Honest assessment and feedback at every stage
- Patience and compassion, listening to my students attentively to make sure that my guidance is based on dialogue
- Awareness of the collaborative nature of teaching and learning
I teach at home in my small, very well-equipped recording studio, with great sound, two excellent digital pianos and a very powerful silent Digital Audio Workstation running Cubase, Pianoteq and Finale and a host of other music software. I currently only teach adults, as my musical fluency course materials have not been designed for children. I may teach younger pupils in the future and am always willing to discuss this possibility in exceptional cases.
My fees are £50 for an hour’s session.